Posted on 09 January 2020
Cross Keys Homes’ sixth awards night shone a light on residents achieving incredible things for themselves, their neighbours and communities. The winners were:
- Good Neighbour Award: Jennifer Birch, for her incredible commitment and kindness to helping others in her community.
- Young Achiever Award: Kaitlyn Warwick, from Ormiston Bushfield Academy, for her outstanding achievements.
- Personal Achievement (age 25+) Award: Lee Lavery, for his volunteering efforts while being a full-time carer.
- Community Volunteer Award: WestRaven Café volunteers, for creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for customers.
- Making a Difference Award: Loxley Social Committee, for giving back to friends, neighbours and the wider community through its events.
- Resident Involvement Award: Stuart, Caroline and Jacob, who helped secure a closure order on a property at the centre of anti-social behaviour in their community.
- Extra Care Contribution Award: Kingfisher Knitting Group members, for giving up their free time to knit teddies and blankets for local charities.
- Special Recognition Award: Rita Young, for her commitment and support in helping Cross Keys Homes over the past 15 years.
Cross Keys Homes Chief Executive Claire Higgins said: “It was a great evening, with residents being awarded for their hard work and commitment to making a positive difference. There were many heart-warming stories and it was fantastic to see residents receiving the recognition they deserve.”